E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Desert War - 'N' Gauge - Part Three


Further re-enforcements have hit the table for my Desert armies.

For the British & commonwealth forces there are now some Matilda IIs, Churchills, Bishop SPGs and Daimler armoured cars. All Marco Bergman files from Thingiverse, some form his 1:200th and others his 1:100 range of files.


I really like the Caunter camouflage scheme for British armour. It brings a spot of colour to an otherwise drab period.



In fact, most British vehicles had camouflage of some description or another. Base coat of sand with darker patches or wavy lines in a much darker colour. 


This could be black through chocolate brown or even a dark green. The effect of UV light on paints of the time can be quite dramatic, so any darker colour is feasible.


Then there are the Italians!


A small force of Italian AFVs made up of M11/39, M13/40, P40, Semovente 75mm, AB41 Autoblinda armoured cars and Saharina scouting vehicles with 20mm Breda cannon.


Great fun to paint as there are many possible paint schemes you can adopt and quite a flexible bunch of vehicles as most of them were also used by the DAK and later in Italy itself and in some cases even used by the Allies.


I’m coming to the end now. I may still add a few MKVI and CV33 Light tanks, but these may prove too challenging to print on an FDM printer. Some priest SPGs may be worthwhile additions as would some anti-tank gun towing vehicles i.e. Horch 1500s.


More importantly, my Minifigs infantry order has arrived so I need to get these based up and painted.


2 comments:

  1. Tim,
    Nice blog and very nice miniatures. Where do you find the italian 3d files?
    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my memory serves me well, I think they just about all came from Marco Bergman's various collections on Thingiverse. Some from the 1/200 scale packs and others from the 1:100 collection. I think the Saharina was a seperate file I found on Thingiverse. Flags were found on Google, reduced and printed out before attaching with PVA.

      Delete