E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Saturday 4 April 2020

Pikeman's Lament - Pikemen!

Completed sufficient figures to complete my two PL Pike Units so should now have enough figures to try out a game!

Painted in two different liveries, Purple and Green/Red, all the figures are Warlord 28mm plastics


I replace the plastic pikes with pre-sharpened steel items purchased from North Star many years ago.


To do this in the case of those figures at push of pike, I remove the plastic item once the glue has thoroughly dried after assembly.



Then taking a steel pike (which I remove 15mm from to ensure they can stand up in my storage drawer!) and holding it in some pliers, I heat the blunt end up over a tea light flame.


Only for a few seconds - then I push this carefully through the figure's gloved hands until they are fully "holding" it.


once it has cooled, this is usually secure enough, but a small drop of superglue is sometimes a good idea.


There are one or two ornate pike heads (surrounded by feathers) in the kit items. I cut these off the plastic pikes and use the same heating method to attach them to the sharp end of a few pikes for variety.


Those marching, carrying their pikes are easily dealt with, it is just a simple case of superglueing the steel item in place of a plastic one.

The only downside with the steel pikes is that they are very sharp! I keep impaling my hands on them by accident!!

No comments:

Post a Comment