E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Thursday 4 February 2021

Minifigs US 12mm- Based for BKC II

 Finished these figures the other day for use with my Late war US AFVs.


As mentioned before, I chose the Minifigs WW2 US Paras & Support weapons as their uniforms bear a resemblance to the late war M43 Combat Gear.


To suit BKC II I created a Command and HQ base with figures and vehicles and a two figure FOO/FAC base with a seperate Jeep.


The infantry pack stretched to 7 bases (each of four figures) together with two mortar and two MMG bases. All the bases have the addition of a 7mm die to enable lives/hits to be recorded when using the figures for a variety of different WW2 rule sets.


There were several more MMG & Mortar bases than I required, but I will repurpose these for my upcoming IDF army bases.


Minifigs are a good alternative/supplement to Pendraken figures. They are good value for money, well proportioned and detailed. If you don't need too many, they are a good way to collect a variety of figures without having too many left over.

3 comments:

  1. Cool stuff, Tim, they look great. I have a fair amount of Minifigs myself, and really like them, but they're a bit expensive due to shipping to the US... In any case, I always end up making my bases and minis too dark, I really like the brightness of your basing scheme.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with small figures it's always worth making the contrast between base and figure a little exaggerated so they stand out. If you fancy 3D printing similar bases, the files are on Thingiverse. (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4532903)

      Delete
  2. Jeeez, my eye hurt looking at these! As I have gotten older my models have had to get larger to keep up with my old man eyesight! Well done.

    ReplyDelete