Well I've completed these two, and very quick they were to paint-up too!
When dry, I dry-brushed the entire boards with Vallejo Dark Yellow. Then I painted in the roads & ploughed fields with Vallejo Mud Brown.
Once this was dry, the farm yard areas were picked out in Vallejo Light Grey and the walls with Vallejo Buff.
While waiting for stuff to dry I painted the buildings whilst still attached to the sprue. I dusted them with sprayed white primer before starting and then painted them up to give a bit of variety between finishes. Once painted I removed them from the sprue for assembly only to find I'd got mixed up with two of the smaller buildings and painted their two halves in different colours....Doh!
Once glued together the buildings were touched up and glued to the base boards.
Now the farmyards, walls, buildings, roads and fields were all given a coat of Vallejo Sepia Wash.
Whilst waiting for the wash to dry I painted the wood canopies in a Vallejo Game Heavy Green followed by a dry-brush of Vallejo Game Camouflage Green.
Finally I dry-brushed the fields, roads, buildings, walls and farmyards with Vallejo Iraqi Sand.
To seal everything and blend it all together (taking away any sheen from the unpainted plastic areas) I gave the boards a light dusting of Army Painter Anti-Shine Matt Spray.
And there you are.... two boards finished, just the figures to go.