E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Citadel Paint Pots.....spillages!

Have you done it?

You're happily painting away, you reach across to reload the bristles of your brush and accidentally catch the upraised paint pot lid and over it goes.....

This can be a heartbreaking moment as you could be looking at £4+ worth of paint lying on your painting mat😡

Now I know I'm clumsy, but clearly I'm not the only person who does this.
  • I've seen on-line, people on "Paint all the Minis" who habitually decant GW paints into empty dropper bottles as soon as they purchase them (Extreme I know!)
  • And you know there has to be a real problem if even the great GW produce a commercial paint pot holder for the princely sum of £5!!
So I thought what can I do to mitigate this risk?        Thingiverse!!

Yes a quick Google on here revealed numerous designs of pot holders. Singles, multiples, Lid holders, badged/non-badged etc. etc.


My chosen solution was a GW None-Spill Wash/Contrast Pot Holder designed by NightFallGaming and can be found at  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3945067


Two and a half hours later I am now the proud owner of a three pot holder (very similar in looks to the GW item) that cost me all of about 15p in materials!


Touch wood, it appears to do the job. As long as it always holds three pots it seems very stable and hopefully this will be the last time I loose a pot of paint....




No comments:

Post a Comment