E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2020

10mm MoCB Figure painting - Citadel Contrast Paints

My 3d Printer developed a fault on Saturday 😞, and while I wait for a replacement part from the supplier I thought I'd better get on with something else.

Matt White Primed
I finished off my 10mm ACW horse holder bases which had been hovering on the bench for a few weeks and then rather than get into some more of the ACW figures, I thought I'd make a start on the figures for MoCB.

Flesh areas picked out with Guilliman Flesh
I bought these from Pendraken at Colours in 2019. I've bought sufficient figures for the "NVA" game;-
  1. An Average US Marine/Infantry unit
  2. Vietnamese Army unit 
  3. Villagers/Peasants 
The forces for the Viet Cong version of the game differ significantly and I thought that if I get into MoCB sufficiently,  I might invest in these later on.

Weapons picked out with Black Templar & Snakebite Leather
To start off with I based the army figures, these were based on mdf, two figures per circular base. The bulk were on 20mm dia. bases, with the company/platoon commanders on 25mm dia. bases. I will do the civilian villagers later.

Uniform colours blocked in. NVA in Militarum Green and US in Creed Camo
To texture the bases I applied Vallejo White Pumice with a palette knife. Great basing material!

NVA webbing picked out in Snakebite Leather and US boots painted in Cygor Brown
After this had dried, the figures were all primed with Wilko's matt white primer before painting them with Contrast paints.

Base painted overall in Skeleton Horde
The pictures within the text will take you through the process. 

The only non Contrast paint I used was a touch of Vallejo Russian Uniform to highlight the US figure's webbing
I just painted one of each base to start off with to test the colours out. Now I know they look OK, I will use this technique to paint up the rest.

To finish these off I will varnish and then add some flock and grass tufts to the bases.

2 comments:

  1. Those look excellent! I always paint over a black basecoat but will definitely have a go using your approach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Contrast paints apply really quickly too. These two bases only took about 5 minutes to complete.

      Delete