E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 August 2021

'O'Group - Too Fat Lardies

 On a whim I purchased these rules to have a look at. For WW2 battalion level wargames my go to rules have always been BKC II and I was curious to see what these have to offer.

I confess I'm still reading them through - personally I find them pretty heavy going. I suspect the author has been limited to a certain page count and this has led to a lot of editting down to the bare minimum. Whilst there are examples they are few compared to some others I've read. I think the quantity of clarification questions on the facebook group is indicative of my experiences.


None of this is helped by the printer's cock-up with the page numbering!


I'm sure I'll get through them and give them a go, but in the mean time I looked at my figure collection to see what I could re-use were I to play the game. The game is also counter heavy. These are available in mdf from TFL but also some nice ones to 3D print out are available on Thingiverse.


My 15mm WW2 figures are based in 3's on 30x30mm mdf and looked a good starting point as each base could represent a section. 


To ease movement I knocked together some 3D printed platoon bases and Command bases for the Companys. For the Battalion Commander base I created a sabot that would hold a dice and a 25x25mm based command group. The rest of my british battalion was made up of a support platoon, anti-tank platoon and tank support.


My collection runs to German opposition, US and Soviet forces so these bases can be re-used for different scenarios.

The figures are a mixture of Forged in Battle, Command Decision and Battlefront.

No comments:

Post a Comment