E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Sunday 12 June 2022

Strength & Honour - 2mm Ancients (7)

 I decided to have a check up on what I've created to date for Strength & Honour. This was to confirm if there's anything else I think I need to print, and to enthuse me to get on and actually try a game!

My Roman Army.

Fortuitously, I printed my bases at 80mm width and 45mm depth. This meant that I could pack them away quite safely in a 1.5 litre Really Useful Box. I could fit 7 bases to a layer, protected simply by a strip of bubble wrap. There was room in the box for all my figure bases...that's two enormous armies + their encampments!!

Look how portable this system is!

I already had a Deep Cut Studio gridded (100x100mm) mat that I will use to play on and steered my choice for base colouring.


The remainder of what's needed to play fitted into another Really Useful Box - this time one holding 1.6 litres. I printed out Command Boards reduced in size to match the box dimensions so they could all be stored together. Also in this box is room for all my terrain pieces, the Disaster & Set-Back cards, some "Disordered" tokens I printed off and some Roman coins to use as Command Tokens. I've printed off some of Mark Backhouse's name labels and intend to fix those to their bases using good old-fashioned Blu-Tack.

Doh! I thought I'd printed 9 wood bases.....

This has proved a worthwhile exercise, as I've noticed that I'm a wood base short of what I thought I'd printed, so that's on the printer as I type.

My Gaul/Ancient Briton Warband based Army

I really pleased with all these. Its the first time I've been able to take up a new period/rules and created everything I need for myself - nothing purchased but the rules! If only I could find the time to get on and try them out......


3 comments:

  1. Great work on all that! It will make fantastic looking game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Puts my efforts to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that very much!

    ReplyDelete