E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Thursday 24 August 2023

Afrika Korps 28mm and other dalliances....

Can't remember when I last picked up a paint brush, so when I saw these Artizan figures at Attack! I decided I'd try and get back into the habit.

I'd built a few 28mm Afrika Korp figures from a free Warlord sprue mixed with some early war Germans. These came out well when painted using Contrast paints, so I decided I'd get some heavy support to build a small Bolt Action force.

As an aside, it's interesting how many figure manufacturers think the MG34/42 belts feed from the right? I'm sure the gun no.2 is supposed to be facing forwards!

So I bought an 81mm and an MG34SF team. The bases for which I 3D printed to match some mdf ones I'd used with previous heavy weapon teams. These allow two figures to be removed as casualties.

I also found some 28mm para command and a Winston Churchill figure that I thought might fit well with a 02 Hundred Hours game.


All were painted entirely using Contrast and other speed paints before varnishing. To be honest, they're not of the standard I'd really like to be painting, but I simply don't have the spare time. So this is my compromise. They look just fine on the table so what's not to like?

I'm trying the same approach with the 15mm Pirates I've bought and so far I've completed 20 figures over three evenings work, so I'm pretty pleased!


No comments:

Post a Comment