E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 August 2024

IPMS Avon 2024

 This was something new for me, rather than just visiting the show as a punter, I was there with my chums from the MAFVA South Wales exhibiting!

The MAFVA South Wales display

I took along a selection of my 1/56th AFVs designed for Bolt Action/Chain of Command. To make them stand out (Maybe?) amongst the fantastic 1/35 models, I placed them on some clear acrylic stands I found on Amazon for £10.

My 28mm scale AFVs and few figures for scale

This is a fantastic show covering three halls of the Thornbury leisure centre near the Old Severn Bridge and is a mix of plastic model displays, wargames and traders. Lots of bargains to be had! I bought 5 new 1/56th models for my shelf of shame at half RRP!.

Bargains!

I'll leave you with the photos to tell the rest of the story......

1/16th Scale AFVs

Puma in 1/16th Scale

WW1 themed display - every different A7V covered

Nice acrylic display shelf!



A lot of displays were aircraft themed

German WW2 armour is still the favourite option

I remember building this in my teens!

Nice use of the Airfix Bamboo House

More nostalgia from Airfix

There are lots of 1/16th scale kits available these days - and they are costly!

"I have a cunning plan..."

Lovely sense of movement here...

Nicely presented dioramas



3D Gecko 1/16th 3D printed figures & vehicles - nice




Every possible Churchill variant represented here

More WW2 German AFVs

More 1/16th scale

1/16th SDKFZ251


No comments:

Post a Comment