E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Friday 28 May 2021

28mm HotT Empire Army - Part Two

 I've just completed the last few units for my Empire army.

There are two units of Knights (mounted) I've created using some 28mm plastic figures I bought some years ago from the B&B stall at Crusade.

These sprues were going for 50p each and were originally designed for a computer moderated board game set in a medieval/fanasty world called Ex Illis. The brand name on the bases was BASTION.


All the figures I have were the same so to give a little variety I used optional shields (there are 5 per sprue including a plain one, and swapped heads and weapon arms for Perry items.

All the horses are posed rearing up, very dramatically! I originally planned to use them as cavalry with my Perry medievals but they aren't quite in the same league when it comes to detail. So this was a good way to use some up (I still have five left I think!).


The next thing I produced was a pair of frogs on 20x20mm bases to substitute for magicians when they become ensorcelled. This was a figure I found on Thingiverse and added a suitable base in 3D Builder. The magician figures from the stone circle bases can now simply be replaced with a frog when this happens.


Finally I needed a stronghold for the Empire army. This was simply a medieval styled tent printed out from Thingiverse and added to a generic stronghold base I'd created.


That's it, another HotT army completed.


To store them I'd purchased an enormous compartmented box from The Range! This box cost me the princely sum of £8 and measures 600x400x100mm.


It has 24 compartments each 95x95x90mm whixh are ideal for storing these 28mm HotT units. You can see why the Strongholds are all 95x95mm now, can't you!!

Time to get on with some other unfinished projects I think. I've rediscovered some primed 15mm Team Yankee AFVs and I've still got a shedload of 10/12mm infantry to finish off..

No comments:

Post a Comment