E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Monday 15 August 2022

Random Printing Activity....

 Over the last week or so I was stuck in isolation due the dreaded "Rona". Once the initial symptoms had faded, but still testing positive, I got a bit of printing done.


Firstly I got the patrol vehicles for DAK Attack produced in 1/130th scale. Here's the Breda 20mm cannon armed example.


My next venture is for a long standing ("Back Burner") project - playing the D-Day landings. My enthusiasm has been fired once more to get on with this by the new Rapid Fire Reloaded scenario supplement which follows the Canadian army in from JUNO beach commencing with the landings at Courcelles (Wn 36 & 37 if my memory serves me well). 


These scenario requires you to field LCT4's, LCMs and LCAs. The latter two are available as .stls from the ever prolific Marco Bergman. However I couldn't find a workable LCT4 file.


I decided I'd knock one together myself! This is the result, broken into parts so it will fit my printer's bed and drawn up in 3D Builder using some blown-up features from the LCM.


You'll have to forgive the lack of historical accuracy, these were largely created in my mind!! I just wanted a model that could accomodate 6 or so Sherman tanks so that's where the size came from. You can see my Sherman Crab hull (another creation for my D-Day collection) which will give you an idea of size. Alongside is Marco Bergman's LCA model complete with two crew figures already sculpted in place. This is a lovely file and prints in one piece. These have been primed using Grey Automotive undercoat and are awaiting weathering and detailing.


Finally, I got around to creating an arable farmed square for my Strength & Honour games. Its 3D printed with sand glued on top with PVA. I've only made one so far but will do a few more when I get time, painting them up in a variety of colours to make them all look slightly different. This is 100x100mm to exactly fit my grid squares.


1 comment: