E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2024

MAFVA Nationals 2024 - St. Ives near Cambridge

 I attended the MAFVA Nationals on 16th June for the first time.

I had brought a selection of my 1/150th scale 3D printed WW2 armour to display on the MAFVA South Wales stand together with my Tiger II cutaway.

The guys persuaded me to enter the Tiger into the Nationals competition and to my complete surprise I won a gold medal in Class 11!!

Some of the competition entries were really something else - very impressive.


1/16th Scale!
Ultimate best in show winner

A nice friendly show with a selection of traders of both models and books in a comfortable venue with ample parking and a bar serving hot and cold food.

By author Daniel Taylor - selling his new book about Operation Perch

We combined this visit with our weeks vacation to the UK eastern coast, otherwise this would have been a five hour drive from South Wales which would be a bit far for a day out!


MAFVA South Wales display

Great experience though, might have to build another model ready for the next competition?

1 comment: