|First undercoat with Army Painter White Primer|
|Next - airbrush the top coat.|
I've always used Vallejo Russian Green as base coat for my British vehicles and now I've used it for my first ever Russian ones as well!
|First coat on and drying|
|Now a wash to bring out the shadows and give a worn appearance|
|Now to focus on the tracks|
Other details were picked out. The hull mg in black, the tips of the exhaust in rust followed by Vallejo Smoke glaze and the moulded on tow cable in light grey. The whole model was then very lightly dry-brushed with sand paint to pick out the very edges of track guards, turrets etc.
|Adding the tracks|
|Tracks and final highlighting in close-up|
I decided that a plain green T34 was a bit boring, so I got on the Interweb looking for some good old Russian graffiti to add to the turrets.
|Hard to see it, but as a guide I transferred the design to the turret in pencil.|
|The finished article|
- The sculpting is very fine and the moulding flash free.
- They go together well with little call for any "fettling".
- They are good value at £3.30 each
- With the optional T34/76 turret they are even better value!
|And here it is with PSC 15mm Russian Infantry|
- I think some people will moan about how many parts there are to assemble and how long this takes (In the same way they moan when comparing Perry plastics to Victrix plastics) such is life!
- The instructions, whilst adequate, could have been annotated to give a bit of guidance to the un-initiated. (see comments in the text above)
- I personally didn't like the fact that you can see the holes in the hull sides (behind the tracks) when assembled. Personally, I would have moulded holes rather than slots in the hull sides to avoid this?
- Whilst the models are good value, I think PSC will have to keep an eye on such companies as Forged in Battle to ensure their products are priced to maintain that value. You can buy the FiB Tiger for as little as £6.30 from some discount suppliers which is very good value for a high quality item in resin/white metal when compared to Battlefront etc.
Now lets get ready to go to the WMMS Show tomorrow.........