E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Thursday 7 May 2015

15mm Falklands War Buildings


I rediscovered my unpainted MJ Miniatures figures the other month a decided it was time to get them painted. At the same time I discovered some free to download Falkland Islands buildings by http://cardmodelsbytony.weebly.com/falklands-buildings.html
They are a collection of OO scale corrugated iron houses, church, shops and shacks. There's even the ambassador's residence fought over during the invasion.
I printed the PDFs off at at about 75% full size so they would be ok for 15mm. 
After printing I laminated the sheets before cutting them out carefully with a knife and steel ruler. I then lightly scored along the fold lines before gluing them together with UHU general purpose glue.
Once completed, I glue them to mdf bases and texture the ground around the foundations. Afterwards the ground work is painted and the white areas of the buildings (score lines, underside of roof etc) painted to match the main colour.
Finally I spray them with Matt varnish to eliminate the shine of the laminate sheet. The buildings are colourful, authentic, easy to build with loads of variety and make into robust little terrain pieces.

I've experimented printing at 50% to use with 10mm figures and this works fine.

Take a look at the website, there's even a model of the Iranian embassy for your SAS figures to assault!

1 comment: