The first batch are nearly ready now. Another hour's work saw them to this point.
Now the sepia wash has dried, the flesh areas were painted in and flesh washed once dry. Then the bases were painted in grass green.
The Germans received a coat of sepia wash too. Perhaps not the obvious wash for field grey, but it gives them an authentic grubby look.
I decided that the figures looked a little darker than I'd like, so to lighten things up I gave all the figures a very light dry brush of Iraqui Sand.
I'm now going to let the figures dry for 24hrs before I cut them from the sprues. Then hopefully all they will need is a little touching up before I spray them with Matt varnish. The final job will be to pick out the bayonets ( if they survive!) with silver as my GW Silver paint reacts with Army Painter varnish.