E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Judge Dredd the Miniatures Game - Warlord Games 2019

Well firstly, Happy New Year to one and all. May 2020 prove to be another productive year for all wargamers!

Secondly, an apology (I've done this a lot just lately!) for the lack of posts.....

Rookie Judge

I have an excuse though. I had  a total knee replacement two weeks before Xmas and have been rather laid up since then😞 However, I can once again make it outside to my Loser Shed and have taken up my brush once more.

Judge

To cheer me up, Santa was rather kind to me (well my wife was anyway) and brought me the starter set for the new Judge Dredd miniatures game from Warlord.

Gang Leader

I haven't played it yet, but the book is beautifully laid out and the rules seem simple enough. There are several good videos on YouTube that take you through the mechanisms to speed up the learning process.


The rest of the box is overloaded with goodies; including sprues of counters, dice, cards, card 2D terrain and a play mat as well as 10 figures.


The figures are quite large (32mm) and cast in Warlord's new resin. Now I know this has some positives (crisp castings, light weight, flexibility) but there are also downsides.


I found them to be a little too flexible....paint will flake off if you are too rough handling them. Also, they cannot be easily filed or sanded as stated. The only way to clean up the castings is to use a very sharp scalpel blade.


They do look good though. All are one piece castings and I think this limits the poses somewhat. They come with Warlord 25mm circular bases to mount them on.


The boxed set also came with a wonderful bonus figure of Dredd grappling with Judge Death. Cast in three pieces in white metal (goody!) its a beautiful vignette that will grace my cabinet...rather than a playing piece.


I have been preparing some 3D terrain pieces ready to use. Some old Amera vac-formed items I inherited and a couple of new mdf pieces from TT Combat's Sci-Fi Utopia range.


I've also treated myself to their actual Dredd figure and his Lawmaster (still to be painted though)


These and the figures have all been finished using Contrast Paints and are shown in the photos above and below for you perusal.




Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment