E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 April 2020

28mm Foundry Cowboys

Before I sat down and started to think about what I want to say I've achieved through the lockdown period, I painted up some 28mm western figures from Foundry.

Drunks!
I bought these second hand as a job lot (in an old GW figure case) a year or so ago.

Good-Time girl and gentleman (he has a handgun behind his back!)
When I got them home I counted the figures up and to my surprise,  found I had 95 Foundry and 5 Dixon Wild West figures!

Shop/Bar keepers
The Foundry figures are exquisite. Sculpted by the Perry Twins some time ago, they are on the small size for 28mm figures and anatomically, correctly proportioned.

Bare-Knuckle Fighters
There was a big mix of figure types. As you are probably aware, Foundry tend to sell figures in groups of 8 for £12.

Doctor & Newspaper Reporter
Groups in the lot included Mexican bandits, Mexican Infantry, Civilians, Posse, Gunfighters and Cowboys.

Hen-pecked Mexican and his wife
To amuse myself I chose 26 figures that I thought would enhance my Dead Man's Hand set when on the table; - shop-keepers, drunks, dance girl, Sheriff & his Posse etc.

Sheriff & deputy
These were based on 20mm dia. bases (mixture of mdf & pennies) and painted using Citadel Contrast Paints.

Posse members
They are easy to paint as the detail is good and can be quickly finished to a good tabletop standard.

Cowhand eating beans with his wife & child
I enjoyed these very much and was keen to get on and do more. But then I asked myself....why would I need 100+ more Wild West figures when an average game of DMH needs perhaps 10-12?

Funeral director and hanged man (I have a model Gallows with no victim, so he will be added to this as soon as I finish)
Oh dear......

Old-timers - miners or prospectors  perhaps?

Fiddler

Surrendering gentleman and local labourer

Peace Officer and Train Conductor

No comments:

Post a Comment