E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Sunday 12 April 2020

Self-Isolation Opportunity - Time for a Review

Things in the UK look like they're unlikely to change in the near future.

If anything the lockdown could be enforced more pro-actively if people fail to stay at home.

The upshot is, whilst I am lucky enough to be able to work from home, I still have a lot more time to kill in the Loser shed than I would have usually expected at this time of year.

So far I've been having a whale of a time, randomly tackling projects that I bought years ago and have just rediscovered in my drawers or on the "Shelf of Shame".


I've decided it's time to take stock. This has been fun, but am I making the most of the time I've been given?

What I really should do is tackle, and complete, an actual project. This has led me to take a look at what I have that perhaps fits the bill.

Painting the 28mm ACW figures the other day has reminded me that I have two 10mm (Pendraken) ACW armies that bought to play Fire & Fury, that I have never completed/


This weekend I've painted up several units of Union Infantry and cavalry (both mounted and dismounted) and have enjoyed the challenge. Perhaps this should be my target?


The other project is a more recent concept. At Colours 2018 I bought myself a copy of RFCM Men of Company B rules. I thought about playing these in 10mm rather than 15mm, as it would fit a smaller table. At Colours 2019 I bought the figures I felt I required for the princely sum of £28. The terrain pieces and APCs I thought I could probably 3D print. This also would be a great project for the current situation.


Which to do? Or should I do both?........

No comments:

Post a Comment