E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Dixon Miniatures - 28mm ACW

A couple of years ago I bought a lot of metal ACW 28mm figures.

These turned out to be Dixon Miniatures and there was a good mix of both Union & Confederate infantry, cavalry & artillery figures including 4 cannon.


In fact there was probably just about two (small) starter armies.

As with so many things, these had been put on a shelf awaiting "some time in the future" when I would get around to painting them.


As an experiment, I decided I'd give some of the infantry a go last weekend to see what they look like finished.


How should I base them? Well I have the Perry Battle Box set and when I eventually get around to these, they are based 4 figures to a 45x40mm Renedra plastic base, for their Firepower rule. I also have Bull Run to Gettysburg from Foundry Games which advocate 40x40mm for four figures. Other sets I have range between 3 and 6 figures per base, but all state that they can cope with any basing convention if your figures are already mounted.


Therefore I decided (as I have a stash of unused Renedra bases) that I'd go with the Perry 45x40mm guidelines.


These figures are full of character.....in fact some are bordering on cartoonish to my mind. The detail is crisp and takes the paint really well. Even someone who felt their painting was mediocre would be hard-pressed to not get a good result here.


The flags I used came from the Warflag website, but I'm uncertain how long the rather fragile flagpoles would survive in use. Maybe I should have replaced these with steel pikes!

When I get to paint the rest, who knows, time will tell but when I do, I think they will be fun.

6 comments:

  1. Bonjour, très belle peinture ! Bravo ! Sont ils peints avec des contrast citadel ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, ils ont été entièrement peints avec des peintures de contraste Citadel. Je les trouve très rapides à appliquer et ils donnent une excellente finition.

      Delete
    2. merci pour la réponse. quelle est la référence du bleu des pantalons des Unionistes ? Merci d'avance pour la réponse

      Delete
    3. La peinture Citadel Contrast que j'ai utilisée pour le pantalon union est appelée bleu talassar.

      Delete
    4. merci beaucoup pour l'information ! bonne continuation pour vos projets de peinture, vos figurines sont très belles encore bravo

      Delete
    5. merci beaucoup pour les compliments

      Delete