E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 January 2021

12mm Scale Late War Allied Armies for BKCII - British

I've never actually liked the idea of the Weird World War Two type of game. 


However, the thought of fielding some of the very late war AFV developments and "Paper Panzers" does interest me.


As I started to expand my 12mm forces, I decided to go down this direction for each of the major protagonists.


First up was a British force that comprised;-

  • Early Mark Centurions (MkIIIs actually with 20pdrs. If I find a suitable file or have time to design one myself  I may downgrade these to MkIs!)
  • Comets
  • Cromwells/Challengers
  • Sherman M4/Firefly
  • Churchill VII/AVRE/Crocodile
  • Achilles Tank Destroyers
  • Staghound Armoured Cars
  • Ram/De-Frocked Priest Kangeroo APCs
  • Sexton 25pdr SPGs
  • Universal Carriers

These are a mainly Marco Bergman 1-100/1-200 AFV files from Thingiverse, together with the odd extra I have found on-line.


For infantry I've re-purposed some Pendraken Para's that I've had for a number of years, based on printed bases that combine a 7mm dice to mark hits etc.


Looking forward I may try and add things like the "Black Prince" heavy tank or even the "Tortoise" assault gun...... however, I have to draw the line at the TOG!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic, Tim! I’m quite taken with the Cromwells, I love the dry brushing, and your printing is doing a bang up job.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete