E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 June 2024

Rubicon Tiger II with full interior

 I bought this model when they first came out some time ago. I was in two minds how to complete it - fully assembled with either cut-outs or open hatches to see the detail inside. 


Then I went to the IPMS show at Thornbury and saw the model displayed in an exploded format. I thought it looked good, but that I could improve upon the idea with my 3D printer.


So I built it all separately, but incidentally, able to be pushed together so I could actually use the vehicle on the table.


Then I printed a five part armature to support the separate components for display. This was stuck together with araldite before spraying gloss black.


The base was a budget picture frame from the Range (£1.29!) with a section of cobbles printed from the internet and the models title secured beneath the glass.


This is now complete and ready to take to the MAFVA Show on Father's day, near Cambridge.

What a fantastic model to build! The detail is superb and it goes together like an absolute dream. There are so many alternative parts - with or without Zimmerit, first pattern or second pattern turret, crew figures, photo-etched grills etc. etc. All for around £25 - what a bargain.


No comments:

Post a Comment