E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Thursday 26 May 2011

Lincombe Barn Table Sale (8th May 2011)

I've been making a pilgrimage for the last couple of years to the Bristol Wargamers annual Reveille event held each November at the Lincombe Barn community centre in Downend, Bristol.

The guys also hold a Table Sale event at the same location each May. This is a well supported event with both traders and individuals hiring out the tables. For those with just one or two items to sell, the club runs a bring-and-buy stall.

This year (for the first time ever!) Colette, my wife, came with me to "help" me choose what to buy.

Neither of us was disappointed!

I came away with;-
  • 6 x 15mm FoW Sherman Tanks
  • 1 x 15mm Fow King Tiger
  • 2 x 15mm FoW Stug IIIs
  • 3 x 15mm Russian Mortar Teams (Peter Pig)
  • 8 x 15mm Pirates (Peter Pig)
  • 50 x 15mm WW2 US Command Figures (Command Decision)
  • a box with enough GHQ 1/285th AFVs & Infantry to form two Israeli Armies for Cold War Commander (One 1967 & One 1973)
  • PBI WW2 Rules (Peter Pig)
  • Festung Europa source book (FoW)
  • Crusader Ancients Rules (Crusader Publishing)
  • Pieces of Eight Pirates rules (Peter Pig)
  • and a book about Pegasus Bridge
All this little lot for less than £55!

Anyone who doesn't attend these types of event you don't know what you're missing. Get down to one near you now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,
    I remember your face from the TTS. You certainly got some very good deals. Unfortunately (or fortunately) as I was selling I didn't get to walk the show until fairly late on and there was nothing of interest left. Probably a good thing!
    Steve J.

    ReplyDelete