E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Monday 18 June 2018

Salute 2018 Vignette


Having seen images of the commemorative vignette sculpted by Alan Perry as the Salute 2018 souvenir, I decided I would like to have one!


Not having attended Salute I was left having to bid for a surplus example on ebay.


At first they were going for silly money, but after a while things calmed down and I eventually bought a set for £5.50 delivered, which I thought was very good value indeed!


The figures needed little in the way of cleaning up and were sculpted in a less “Heroic” stature than some (as is the Perry’s style).


Included is a small resin base to mount them on. The wonderfully colourful box was designed by Henry Hyde and would make a suitable display backdrop.


After undercoating in white, I painted them up using my usual acrylics and washes. Once finished  I think they look  and make a fitting tribute to the combatants of the Great War.

No comments:

Post a Comment