E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Warlord Games - 28mm SDKFZ 251 C Half-Track

This model was one of the first (if not the first) injection moulded AFVs that Warlord produced for their Bolt Action range.


To my shame I bought it straight away (£15 at Crusade 2013 I think) and then put it on the shelf and forgot about it.

Very few parts....a really quick build project!
With my new found enthusiasm for 28mm it finally made its way onto the bench along with the other German vehicles I've described previously.

Worth holding the two hull parts together whilst the glue dries.
A simple model to assemble, with just enough detail for a wargames piece I found it a pleasure to build.

I kept the camo pattern simple on this one. Dark Yellow with green overspray.
It includes a figure firing the on board MG (MG34 or MG42 - both are supplied), but no one for the driver's seat.

The figure is a bit basic, but careful painting helps and its more than adequate
There are basic decals include together with some stowage (Jerrycans, helmets, spare wheel etc.).


The track and running gears units are moulded as one part and require some careful painting. The interior is best painted before assembly as it is difficult to access afterwards.

Altogether a good little model. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment