E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Thursday 28 February 2019

Cruel Seas - 3D Printed Lighthouse

Once again I have been neglecting my blogging duties 😕

As ever the real world has been getting in the way, what with travel, work...and sadly funerals. So I must admit that my recent output has been rather poor.

However, I've been trying out my Cruel Seas collection solo and I must admit I'm quite take with the game mechanisms.

You couldn't wish for something easier to learn and the games look so spectacular on the table that there's plenty to like about it.

There are many 3D printable items turning up on line to use with the game, ranging from actual ships to terrain items.

On thing I thought I needed to make my table look truly nautical was a lighthouse.


This one I found at https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/architecture/greenwich-lighthouse designed by NAIROBIGUY3D.


It was already correctly sized to 1/300 scale and printed out as 4 pieces that once cleaned up, neatly clipped together.

A quick spray of matt white primed and supplied the piece's base colour. Followed by the details picked out in Vallejo Acrylics.


All I still have to do is texture the base, weather the building and add a little flock. You can, however, already see what it will look like when finished.


A very handsome piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment