E-Mail:

If you enjoyed visiting this blog, please leave a comment or feel free to contact me by e-mail: timstanks@icloud.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Colours 2019 - Part Two

Here are some of the things that caught my eye at Colours on Saturday. Not an exhaustive review I confess, but it should give you a taste of the demo games if you were unable to attend. I've tried to get the credits correct wherever possible, but I apologise in advance if I have got them wrong.

Society of Ancients, David Edwards 28mm Ancients
South London Warlords, Desmond Darkin, ACW Battle of Aniteitam
South London Warlords, Desmond Darkin, ACW Battle of Aniteitam
To the Strongest, Simon Miller, Romans vs Iceni
Naval Wargames Society, Simon Stokes, Stingray – 2065 undersea battle vs aliens

Grand Tactical Rules, Bruce Weigle, Solferino
Penarth & District, Andy Brace, 40mm AWI Skirmish
Maidenhead Reapers WS, Michael Holman, 28mm WW2 Tanks
South London Warlords, Tim Atkinson, Dark Side of the Moon
Wessex Wyverns, Tim Aitchison, Peter Pig 15mm Vietnam
Friends Who Like Rapid Fire, Don McHugh, 20mm Normandy
Contact Front, Philip Millard, Operation Enduring Freedom - Modern war
As well as the games, here's a few of the things I saw for sale that caught my eye....

1/56th Omaha Diorama on the Rubicon Stall - awesome..

1/56th Omaha Diorama on the Rubicon Stall - awesome..
1/56th Rommel Diorama on the Rubicon Stall
1/56th Pak 40 & crew - nice to compare with the one I built a couple of months ago πŸ˜„
Sarissa's new modular terrain mdf tiles. I really liked the idea of these, but £30 for 9 blank tiles seemed just a little steep to me. There was a really nice storage box you could stack them in too. This was a further £25! 
Brigade 3mm terrain - buildings etc....lovely
Commission Figurine's Berlin Ruins in 15mm. Really nice terrain pieces.
Well that's it for another year, inspiring stuff! Better get assembling & painting my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment